This is the News Roundup for the Last week of January 2018. We have Big name stars in a commercial, Rick Grimes is narrating a Harry Potter Book, Marvel’s marketing is on point, DC’s marketing gets blasted, and is Disney abusing it’s market position? Guess you’ll have to listen to find out (or click on any of the links in the notes)
- Retraction: Dundee is a superbowl thing – http://screencrush.com/truth-behind-mcbride-dundee-movie/
- Wonder Woman 2 Now with Sexual Harassment Guidelines – https://nerdist.com/wonder-woman-2-pga-sexual-harassment-guidelines/
- Ryan Reynolds to star in Clue Remake – https://nerdist.com/ryan-reynolds-clue-remake-deadpool/
- MI6 title (Fallout) and Helicopter stunt https://nerdist.com/mission-impossible-6-title-fallout-helicopter-stunt-tom-cruise/
- Daredevil Season 3 – Joanne Whalley joins as Maggie Murdock https://news.marvel.com/tv/83487/joanne-whalley-joins-cast-season-three-marvels-daredevil/?linkId=47364822
- Rick Grimes narrating new Wizarding World Book https://nerdist.com/harry-potter-andrew-lincoln-narrate-audiobook-quidditch-through-the-ages/
- Ursela Leguin passes away – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursula_K._Le_Guin
- DJ getting Canto Bite story https://news.marvel.com/comics/83515/return-canto-bight-star-wars-dj-wanted/?linkId=47405952
- Carrie Fisher gets Grammy Posthumously http://ew.com/music/2018/01/28/carrie-fisher-wins-grammy-spoken-word-album/
- New-Mutants setting standard for Hard PG-13 http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/new-mutants-movie-hardest-pg-13
- Ant Man and the Wasp Trailer dropped
- DC Doesn’t know how to market https://io9.gizmodo.com/dc-comics-tries-to-capitalize-on-announcement-of-impend-1822427096
- Superman live action prequel series not Krypton https://nerdist.com/metropolis-lois-lane-lex-luthor-live-action-superman-prequel/
- Tom Hanks to play Mr. Rogers in biopic – Thanks William https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2018/01/29/tom-hanks-mr-rogers/1075815001/
- Redbox Sues Disney after disney sues redbox – http://deadline.com/2018/01/redbox-lawsuit-disney-buena-vista-copyright-misuse-1202270622/
We asked for one 80’s remake show that was bad and Lena responded with Jem and the Holograms
Ryan Green wants to become a Doctor Who fan but is a completionist and has a hard time with that
Lots of feedback on Facebook on our 150th episode, be sure to check it out at Facebook.com/FandomPodcast
William is impersonating Phoenix Wright and has an Objection! The phrase Harry Potter was not previously used. The previous word used was Harry. Despite everyone knowing it was a reference to Harry Potter the phrase Harry Potter was not used. Nik let the others call you out don’t do it to yourself!
You can reach us at
- Twitter: @FandomCast
- Facebook: FB.com/FandomPodcast
- Email: Feedback@FandomPodcast.com
Join the Fun
We’re doing another Funko Pop give away on Valentine’s Day and so sign up to be a patron at Patreon.com/FandomPodcast before then to enter to win.
Quick note on why we’re using patreon. While I would be lying to say that I didn’t want this podcast to become a primary income for the three of us, when not in the Fandomverse I try to live in reality. Patreon is a way (for the most part) that we can be in touch with the people who really listen and care. Podcast Reviews can be faked, downloads can be purchased, twitter and facebook can be manipulated but seeing you guys put your support behind a few of your fellow geeks is inspiring, and it’s really neat getting to know you as we interact.
If you’re listening and have been thinking about pledging but aren’t quite sure if you want to, reach out to us, and ask a question, fandom related or not we will answer it. We are on Facebook, Twitter and email.
Support from Listeners like you
If you want to help support the show the primary ways are to support us on Patreon or to use our Affiliate links.