This is the News Roundup for the Last week of March 2018. Nik is Back! And he noticed that Jeff and I rearranged the furniture. In this episode we talk about the future of Cinema, what happens to Good stories when studios can’t leave them alone. We do some silly walking and fight about the new Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Also… Kids don’t do drugs… I hope Nik’s Happy now.
Alright let’s Jump into the News sponsored by: Colton
- Cannes Bans Netflix https://screenrant.com/cannes-netflix-ban-reason-right-wrong/
- New Gods https://nerdist.com/ava-duvernay-directing-dc-comics-new-gods/
- Monty Python Coming to Netflix.. Soonish – https://uproxx.com/movies/monty-python-netflix-films-tv-shows-list/
- New TMNT has trailer – http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/cowabunga-watch-the-first-trailer-for-nicks-rise-of-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles
Join The Fandomaniacs Group on Facebook. https://fandompodcast.com/group or search for the Fandomaniacs on Facebook.
Feedback from The William the 2nd:
In regards to the Solo posters and their “obvious” “inspiration” from the French graphic artist:
Yeah, I don’t think so. I agree they look extremely similar to that artists work, however that artist isn’t the only one to use a blank poster and fill the words with images. Spice by the Spice Girls (https://goo.gl/images/8Avtw6) for instance.
And no one in the graphics arts field copies (or is inspired by) anyone else! Ever!
Gone in 60 Seconds vs 100 Mile Rule (https://goo.gl/images/ss6LbH)
The Breakfast Club vs. American Teen (https://goo.gl/images/W9tqQT)
Here’s a Gizmodo article with tons of examples https://gizmodo.com/5857101/have-you-ever-noticed-that-all-movie-posters-look-the-same
The French graphic artist better hope he came up with the design himself without even unconscious influence because I’m pretty sure if we spent enough time looking through album covers, movie posters, comic covers, etc there will be something awfully similar.
Our Upcoming Schedule.
Check us out at Wasatch Comic Con April 27th – 28th – We’re doing an Infinity War ticket Giveaway here.
Utah Podcasters Summit June 2nd
Utah Popculture Con June 9th
Salt Lake Gaming Con July 6-7th
Support from Listeners like you
If you want to help support the show the primary ways are to support us on Patreon or to use our Affiliate links.
- We have 2 free books from audible at FandomPodcast.com/Audible,
- We have 7 Days free on CBS All Access by going to FandomPodcast.com/CBS
- or when you do your holiday shopping on Amazon start out by going to FandomPodcast.com/Amazon to send a commission our way.