This Random Fandom was sent in by John Irons to the Fandomaniacs Facebook Group to discuss the movies that we consider to be perfect. We then promptly turned it around on you guys and asked you. Then we waited…. and waited… and waited… to get it all compiled into an episode. This episode was originally recorded in May 2018 and we are releasing it now for your listening pleasure! We all use completely different metrics to decide what a perfect movie is and so everyone’s list varies. Branden thinks that as long as a movie acknowledges what it is and delivers then it doesn’t matter if there are plot holes. Nik loves to see his favorite people cast, and Jeff loves rewatchability. What do you look for?
From the Fandomaniacs
- Roger Prows -Logan, Forrest Gump, Lord of war, Arlington road, three kings, pan’s labyrinth, the orphanage, cabin in the woods
- Aaron Stevens – Best Star Trek movie of all time……..Star Trek First Contact. Why?……. I love the Borg.
- Jared Elder – ET, the Extra-Terrestrial, Toy Story, the best war film, the longest day. The best horror movies, the original Frankenstein, werewolf and Dracula!
- Craig Price – Raiders of the lost ark. If I have to explain myself then your show is not worth listening to!! – casting, pacing, action sequences, score. Everything.
- Patrick Clark – The Princess Bride. To me it’s the perfect rewatchable movie. Put it on, and I will stop what I’m doing to see it again
- The William the Second – Forrest Gump
- Kenny Smith – Easy A
- Joe Darowski– Groundhogs Day
- Dick Tracy
- Paddington 2
- A Knight’s Tale
- The Incredibles
- The Matrix
- First Contact
- Cabin in the Woods
- Captain America: Civil War
Until Next Time: May the Fandom be with you!